For the past four months now, I’ve taken my events online into the digital space and I won’t lie it’s taken some getting used to-nothing beats the atmosphere and benefits of face2face networking and events, however this is the ne...
For the past four months now, I’ve taken my events online into the digital space and I won’t lie it’s taken some getting used to-nothing beats the atmosphere and benefits of face2face networking and events, however this is the next best thing and I’d say I’m embracing the change and actually would go as far as to say really starting to enjoy it too.
Ever the optimist, I made a list of 13 benefits and observations of running and attending online events.
1. Geek it up & wave at the end of zoom calls (ever noticed this?)
2. Sit in our casuals (bottom half at least).
3. Go barefoot or wear slippers.
4. Get away with sitting in a messy room and our zoom background will hide it all - transporting us anywhere in the world.
5. Choose to turn off our camera whenever we need to pause, have a toilet break, tend to the kids…
6. Mute people at the touch of a button.
7. Manage our time more efficiently, especially if you have the basic Zoom package (40 min time limit)-an excuse to escape!
8. Put a wash load on at same time.
9. Save £££ -petrol, parking, bar tabs- meetings are expensive.
10. Stick the kettle on/pour ourselves a glass of ……(insert favourite tipple here)
11. Put our ‘little blue hand’ up to command attention.
12. Give a running commentary as people talk via the live chat and get away with having an opinion on everything.
13. Blame our internet went down when we get bored and head off to watch Netflix.
On a more serious note though, the world of online events is just beginning and opens up a whole plethora of opportunities for businesses to embrace the virtual world of communication.
With the future still uncertain and various restrictions being put in place, experimenting with different platforms and integrating them into your marketing strategy now sooner rather than later, will give you a head start on what is seemingly the inevitable…
Online events are the new normal.
Check out my brand-new online training hub for everything business networking,
marketing, events - https://rsvip.vipmembervault.com/
Powered by Froala Editor